Dental Radiography, 6th Edition
Master the skills required for safe, effective dental imaging! Dental Radiography: Principles and Techniques, 6th Edition provides a solid foundation in the radiation and technique basics that dental assistants and dental hygienists need to know. Clear, comprehensive coverage includes detailed, step-by-step procedures, illustrations of oral anatomy and photos of new equipment, digital and three-dimensional imaging, a guide to image interpretation, and National Board Dental Hygiene Examination-style case scenarios. Written by noted educators Joen M. Iannucci and Laura Jansen Howerton, Elsevier’s bestselling text on dental radiography prepares you for success in the classroom, on your CDA or NBDHE exam, and in clinical practice.
New to this edition
- NEW! Expanded content addresses the areas of digital imaging, radiographic interpretation, dental materials, and dental X-ray equipment.
- NEW! Updated illustrations include detailed equipment photos and new photos of techniques.
- NEW! Procedure videos on the Evolve website demonstrate techniques used for intraoral exposures, and include an interactive Q&A on the video material.
- NEW! Canadian Content Corner on Evolve provides information specific to dental radiography in Canada.
- Comprehensive coverage provides a solid foundation for the safe, effective use of radiation in the dental office.
- Step-by-step procedures support clear instructions with anatomical drawings, positioning photos, and radiographs, helping you confidently and accurately perform specific techniques and minimize radiation exposure to the patient.
- Application to Practice and Helpful Hint features highlight common clinical encounters and provide a checklist with the dos and don’ts of imaging procedures.
- Summary tables and boxes recap the key points of text discussions and serve as useful review and study tools.
- End-of-chapter quiz questions assess your understanding of important content.
- Evolve companion website supplements the print book with case studies, interactive exercises, review questions, and more.