Core Curriculum for Maternal-Newborn Nursing, 6th Edition
AWHONN's Core Curriculum for Maternal-Newborn Nursing, 6th Edition, the definitive resource for nurses taking certification examinations, provides the most up-to-date, accurate information available on today's maternal-newborn nursing practice. Its concise outline format covers concepts of reproduction, fetal development, normal pregnancy, intrapartum and postpartum periods, the normal newborn, complications in the mother and newborn, and ethical issues. With a fresh focus on patient safety and revised case studies, this clinical guide and certification prep tool features AWHONN-endorsed content for the practice of maternal-newborn nursing.
New to this edition
- ENHANCED! Focus on patient safety draws attention to developing expertise related to safe nursing practice.
- UPDATED! Case studies and review questions reflect the realities of practice and provide sample questions to help you prepare for certification examinations.
- UPDATED! Content on medication safety, including high-alert medications, emphasizes critical drug information that must be considered to provide safe patient care.
- AWHONN-endorsed content makes this the definitive resource to prepare for current practice and specialty nursing certification examinations.
- Content updates throughout provide the most current practice guidelines to promote quality care.
- Bulleted outline format allows for quick review and reference for the management of pregnant women and their newborns through all stages of care.
- Contemporary content covers the full scope of maternal-newborn nursing practice, incorporating information on families, ethics, legal issues, research, case management, genetics, and the transition to home and parenthood.