Community/Public Health Nursing - Binder Ready, 8th Edition
Master the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in community health nursing! Community/Public Health Nursing, 8th Edition discusses the nurse’s role in population health promotion with a unique "upstream" preventive focus and a strong social justice approach, all in a concise, easy-to-read text. It shows how nurses can take an active role in social action and health policy — especially in caring for diverse and vulnerable population groups. This edition integrates the NCSBN Clinical Judgment Measurement Model to help you prepare for the Next Generation NCLEX®. Clinical examples and photo novellas show how nursing concepts apply to the real world.
New to this edition
- NEW! Online case studies for the Next Generation NCLEX® Examination (NGN) provide you with the necessary tools to prepare for the NGN.
- NEW! Overview of the NCSBN Clinical Judgment Measurement Model provides information on the latest recommendations to promote evidence-based client decisions.
- NEW! Healthy People 2030 boxes highlight the most current national health care goals and objectives throughout the text.
- Active Learning boxes test your knowledge of the content you’ve just read, helping provide clinical application and knowledge retention.
- UNIQUE! Social justice approach promotes health for all people, emphasizing society’s responsibility to protect all human life and ensure that all people have their basic needs met, such as adequate health protection.
- UNIQUE! Veterans’ Health chapter presents situations and considerations unique to the care of military veterans.
- Genetics in Public Health boxes reflect increasing scientific evidence supporting the health benefits of using genetic tests and family health history to guide public health interventions.
- UNIQUE! "Upstream" focus addresses contributing factors of poor health and promotes community efforts to address potential health problems before they occur.
- Case studies present the theory, concepts, and application of the nursing process in practical and manageable examples.
- UNIQUE! Photo novellas — stories in photograph form — show real-life clinical scenarios and highlight the application of important community/public health nursing roles.
- Consistent pedagogy at the beginning of each chapter includes learning objectives, key terms and chapter outlines to help you locate important information and focus your study time.
- Clinical Examples present snippets of real-life client situations.
- Theoretical frameworks common to nursing and public health aid in the application of familiar and new theory bases to problems and challenges in the community.
- Research Highlights introduce you to the growing amount of community/public health nursing research literature.
- Ethical Insights boxes present situations of ethical dilemmas or considerations pertinent to select chapter topics.