Certification Review for PeriAnesthesia Nursing, 4th Edition
Prepare for your CPAN® or CAPA® exam with the only question-based review of perianesthesia nursing! Certification Review for Perianesthesia Nursing, 4th Edition is written by the American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses (ASPAN) — the leading organization for perianesthesia nursing education, research, and practice standards. A total of more than 650 multiple-choice review questions includes case study and clinical application questions, answers, detailed rationales, references to current literature, and an interactive online Review Tool that includes 175 additional questions to use for practice! Edited by Theresa Clifford and Denise O'Brien, this ASPAN review is the most effective way to prepare for your certification exam in hospital postanesthesia or ambulatory perianesthesia nursing.
New to this edition
NEW! More than 650 brand-new review questions include answers and rationales, and reflect current evidence and standards of practice, so you can prepare effectively for the newest exam and deliver the best possible nursing care for patients who undergo sedation, analgesia, and anesthesia.
- NEW! An additional 175 review questions in the online Review Tool offer practice with timed test taking.
- UPDATED review content is organized to match the content of ASPAN’s PeriAnesthesia Nursing Core Curriculum and incorporates the test blueprints of ABPANC (the American Board of Perianesthesia Nursing Certification).
Exam-based organization of questions mirrors that of the CPAN and CAPA exams, covering the four core subject areas: physiological, cognitive/behavioral, safety, and patient advocacy.
- Case study and clinical application questions reflect the style of the questions on the actual certification exams, allowing you to prepare for these types of questions and practice clinical reasoning.
- Detailed rationales for each question help you understand why certain answer options are better than others.
- References for each question show where to find and verify the latest standards of practice.
- Essential perianesthesia nursing concepts are identified and tied to the corresponding chapter in the Core Curriculum.