Case Studies in Nurse Anesthesia, 1st Edition
Clinical case studies make it easy to learn and master perioperative nurse anesthesia! Written in a succinct question-and-answer format, Case Studies in Nurse Anesthesia covers anesthesia management for the most frequently performed surgical procedures. Chapters are organized by surgical specialty, and each case describes the entire perioperative course of care, including the patient’s history, physical assessment, anesthetic considerations, surgical concerns, differential diagnosis, and potential complications. From noted anesthesia educator Sass Elisha, this reference will help you learn how to think like a highly skilled nurse anesthetist!
- Question-and-answer format provides an easy and engaging way to study the many aspects of perioperative anesthesia.
- 55 case studies demonstrate a wide variety of diseases and surgeries, and allow readers to follow the thought process needed for successful nurse anesthesia practice.
- Preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative perspectives are covered in the case studies and patient scenarios.
- Thorough discussions in each chapter include pathophysiology, pharmacology, surgical intervention, anesthesia case management, and postoperative considerations.
- Key points and preoperative evaluation notes are included at the beginning of each chapter, with review questions at the end.
- Expert author Sass Elisha is also the co-author of the popular text Nagelhout: Nurse Anesthesia.