Bronchoscopy and Central Airway Disorders, 1st Edition
Bronchoscopy and Central Airway Disorders provides the guidance you need to plan and implement the most effective bronchoscopy procedure for every patient. Through specifically-designed case scenarios with correlating review questions and videos, this practical respiratory medicine reference leads you through the decision-making process and execution of these sometimes complex procedures, as well as the optimal long-term management of your patients.
- Master various bronchoscopic approaches and techniques necessary to treat a variety of malignancies that may occur in the trachea or lungs.
- Consider the rationale and weigh the consequences of each approach. Case resolutions at the end of each chapter --with commentary and alternative approaches from 36 key experts in interventional bronchoscopy -- illustrate the decision-making process from patient evaluation through long-term management.
- Reinforce learning by correlating key concepts and practice through study questions related to each clinical scenario.
- See exactly how to proceed with high-quality videos online that capture crucial teaching moments and provide a walkthrough of sometimes complex procedures including the placement of airway stents via bronchoscopy for a variety of diseases and complications, such as airway collapse due to COPD.
- Systematically think through diagnostic and interventional (therapeutic) bronchoscopic procedures using Dr. Colt’s unique "Four Box" approach: Initial Evaluation; Procedural Techniques and Results; Procedural Strategies; and Long-term Management Plan.
- Access the full text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with image and video libraries, review questions, and more!