This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. The fourth edition of this classic textbook has been brought thoroughly up to date with revised chapters on Ocular Aberrations, Visual Examination of the Eye, and Distribution and Ocular Dioptics of Ametropia. New contributors have been added and the book has been completely redesigned using colour to offer a more accessible layout and enhance the many line illustrations. The new companion website has valuable additional resources including a simulation of subjective refraction, video clips showing clinical procedures and extra appendices to the book.
New to this edition
• Two new contributors
• Colour used throughout in the text and for the diagrams
• Revised chapters on The Schematic Eye, Ocular Aberrations, Visual Examination of the Eye, Objective Optometers, and Distribution and Ocular Dioptics of Ametropia.
• Completely redesigned to facilitate learning, with many text boxes, learning objectives, key points, clinical tips and exercises.
• Valuable online material contains multi-choice questions, FAQs, case studies and more.
- Classic text providing a comprehensive review of optics of the human eye
- Theoretical chapters and clinical chapters contribute to a thorough understanding of procedures
- Sound practical advice throughout
By Ronald B. Rabbetts, MSc, SMSA, FBCOptom, DCLP, Practising Ophthalmic Optician, Portsmouth and Clinical Supervisor, Institute of Optometry, London, UK