Atlas of Image-Guided Spinal Procedures E-Book, 2nd Edition
Give your patients the non-surgical spine pain relief they need with help from the Atlas of Image-Guided Spinal Procedures by Dr. Michael Bruce Furman. This medical reference book features a highly visual atlas format that shows you exactly how to safely and efficiently perform each technique step-by-step.
A unique, systematic, safe, and efficient approach makes Atlas of Image-Guided Spinal Procedures your go-to resource for spine pain relief for your patients. The highly visual format shows you exactly how to perform each technique, highlighting imaging pearls and emphasizing optimal and suboptimal imaging. Updated content includes ultrasound techniques and procedures for "spine mimickers," including hip and shoulder image-guided procedures, keeping you on the cutting edge of contemporary spine pain-relief methods.
New to this edition
- Includes new unique and diagrams demonstrating cervical, thoracic and lumbar radiofrequency probe placement and treatment zones on multiplanar views, as well as new unique tables and examples differentiating between optimal and suboptimal epidural contrast flow
- Features new coverage of ultrasound techniques, as well as new presentation of procedures for "spine masqueraders" such as the hip and shoulder.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to access and search all of the text, figures, images, videos, and references from the book on a variety of devices
- Safely and efficiently relieve your patients' pain with consistent, easy-to-follow chapters that guide you through each technique.
- Highly visual atlas presentation of an algorithmic, image-guided approach for each technique: trajectory view (demonstrates fluoroscopic "set up"); multi-planar confirmation views (AP, lateral, oblique); and safety view (what should be avoided during injection), along with optimal and suboptimal contrast patterns.
- Special chapters on Needle Techniques, Procedural Safety, Fluoroscopic and Ultrasound Imaging Pearls, Radiation Safety, and L5-S1 Disc Access provide additional visual instruction.
- View drawings of radiopaque landmarks and key radiolucent anatomy that cannot be viewed fluoroscopically.