Arthritis and Arthroplasty: The Hip, 1st Edition
- Access the full text of the book—as well as links to PubMed and periodic content updates on outcome data, component materials, and surgical techniques—online at expertconsult.com.
- Features procedural videos—narrated by experts—on the included DVD so you can see how to perform particular techniques.
- Covers periacetabluar osteotomy, neurovascular injury, and other hot topics to keep you abreast of the latest developments in the specialty.
- Provides evidence-based, clinically focused guidance on patient selection, pre-operative planning, surgical approach and techniques, bearing surfaces and component materials, disease specific options, the management and avoidance of complications, salvage and revision THA strategies, and more.
- Discusses variations in technique, including cemented vs. cementless fixation, resurfacing or more radical removal of bone, and minimally invasive technique where the exposure is more limited so you can choose which is most effective for each patient.
- Explores alternatives to THA in younger arthritic patients such as arthroscopy, arthrodesis, osteotomy, and resurfacing.
- Includes a review page in every chapter for quick reference to pearls and pitfalls for each topic.
- Presents photographs and interpretive drawings of surgical techniques in full color to bring out intraoperative details as they appear in the operating room.