Achieve optimal results and high patient satisfaction with Aesthetic Surgery of the Facial Skeleton. Encompassing the entire field of facial skeletal contouring, this one-stop resource uses a problem-based, multidisciplinary approach to skeletal contouring of the face and adjunctive procedures that enhance results. With well-illustrated, focused coverage of all recent advances in this fast-changing area, it’s an ideal reference for trainee and practicing cosmetic surgeons, maxillofacial surgeons, craniofacial surgeons, plastic surgeons, otolaryngologists, and oral surgeons.
- Takes a multidisciplinary, problem-based approach to aesthetic techniques for the face, highlighted by numerous clinical cases and high-quality photos.
- Covers every area of the field: general principles, orthognathic surgery, alloplastic implants, genioplasty, malar and mandibular recontouring, autologous fat grafting, orbital rejuvenation, forehead and upper face, and many other related topics.
- Provides expert guidance on diagnosis, treatment planning, technical aspects, alternative approaches, and treatment of complications.
- Features state-of-the-art coverage of aesthetic contouring for the transgender patient as well as the use of 3D imaging in all types of facial surgery.
- Includes a section on special case considerations such as facial asymmetry, post-traumatic facial restoration, face transplantation, and nonsurgical enhancement of facial shape.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
By Stephen B Baker, MD FACS, Professor and Program Director of the Department of Plastic Surgery at Georgetown University Hospital, Department of Plastic Surgery.; Pravin K Patel, MD FACS, Professor and Chief Division of Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery, Department of Surgery. Director of the Craniofacial Center, Chief of Pediatric Plastic and Craniofacial Surgery. University of Illinois at Chicago. and Jeffrey Weinzweig, MD, FACS, Clinical Professor of Surgery, Division of Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago. Chief of Craniofacial Surgery Director, Craniofacial Anomalies Program, Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago