A Practical Guide for Medical Teachers, 6th Edition
Highly regarded in the field of medical education, A Practical Guide for Medical Teachers provides accessible, highly readable, and practical information for those involved in basic science and clinical medicine teaching. The fully updated 6th Edition offers valuable insights into today’s medical education. Input from global contributors who offer an international perspective and multi-professional approach to topics of interest to all healthcare teachers. With an emphasis on the importance of developing educational skills in the delivery of enthusiastic and effective teaching, it is an essential guide to maximizing teaching performance.
- Offers comprehensive, succinct coverage of curriculum planning and development, assessment, student engagement, and more.
- Includes 10 new chapters that discuss the international dimension to medical education, clinical reasoning, the roles of teachers, mentoring, burnout and stress, the patient as educator, professional identity, curriculum and teacher evaluation, how students learn, and diversity, equality and individuality.
- Delivers the knowledge and expertise of more than 40 international contributors.
- Features helpful boxes highlighting practical tips, quotes, and trends in today’s medical education.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.