A Practical Guide for Medical Teachers, 5th Edition
The Fifth Edition of the highly praised Practical Guide for Medical Teachers provides a bridge between the theoretical aspects of medical education and the delivery of enthusiastic and effective teaching in basic science and clinical medicine. Healthcare professionals are committed teachers and this book is an essential guide to help them maximise their performance.
New to this edition
- A leading educationalist from the USA joins the book’s editorial team.
- The continual emergence of new topics is recognised in this new edition with nine new chapters: The role of patients as teachers and assessors; Medical humanities; Decision-making; Alternative medicine; Global awareness; Education at a time of ubiquitous information; Programmative assessment; Student engagement; and Social accountability.
- An enlarged group of authors from more than 15 countries provides both an international perspective and a multi-professional approach to topics of interest to all healthcare teachers.
- This highly regarded book recognises the importance of educational skills in the delivery of quality teaching in medicine.
- The contents offer valuable insights into all important aspects of medical education today.