A Nurse's Survival Guide to General Practice Nursing, 1st Edition
General practice nurses are faced with the daily challenge of keeping up-to-date with a vast range of conditions and their management. They also need to be familiar with evidence-based practice to inform high-level decision making. This Survival Guide will prove a valuable resource to nursing students experiencing general practice for the first time.
Many universities across England now deliver ‘Fundamentals of General Practice’ programmes. This book will complement those programmes and provide essential information to assist nurses new to general practice.
For experienced nurses working in general practice there are essential chapters covering the latest developments such as leadership, quality improvement, PCN developments and essential clinical knowledge that highlight the changes in clinical care in recent years, plus an acknowledgement of the impact the COVID 19 pandemic has had on management of care.
This is an indispensable handbook for:
- Defining the essential knowledge for meeting continuing professional development requirements
- Understanding fundamental clinical skills to ensure best practice
- Exploring new ways of working to consult and communicate with patients
- Investigating ways to improve care delivery
- Handy format makes for easy reference
- Clear, bulleted content puts the emphasis on quick reference
- Reflective activities
- Diagrams clearly explain difficult concepts
- Case studies highlight best practice