Ethics and Law in Dental Hygiene, 4th Edition
Learn professional, practical ways to handle ethical and legal issues in dental practice! Ethics and Law in Dental Hygiene, 4th Edition provides a solid foundation in ethical theory and laws relating to oral healthcare professionals, including ethical conduct and social responsibility. An ethical decision-making model helps you unpack and analyze ethical dilemmas, and case scenarios challenge you to apply concepts to the real world. Written by a team of experts led by educator Kristin Minihan-Anderson, this book helps Dental Hygiene students prepare for the NBDHE exam and also serves as an valuable reference for practitioners looking to continue their professional growth.
New to this edition
- NEW! Updated illustrations visually support key content.
- NEW! Updated case studies include realistic scenarios, helping students explore a wide range of situations and practice making sound ethical and legal decisions.
- NEW! Updated testlets use short clinical scenarios to help students develop skills in critical thinking and problem solving, and prepare for the case-based component of the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE).
- Dental hygiene-focused coverage highlights need-to-know concepts and information on ethics and law.
- Logical organization of content includes separate sections on ethics, law, and simulations and applications of both, building a solid foundation for practical application.
- Concepts with real-world relevance make it easier to apply your knowledge to everyday situations.
- Six-step decision-making model provides a framework with which to tackle ethical situations.
- Chapters on legal concepts include information on risk management and state dental practice legislation.
- Key terms are defined in each chapter and in the glossary.
- Key vocabulary helps you understand complex content.