The new edition retains all the benefits of the popular first edition but adds more cases, more illustrations, new sections and invaluable appendices. The same illustrated case-history format as in the first edition presents readers with the clinical problems of each disorder. In each case, a problem-solving approach is encouraged through a question-and-answer format. This guides the reader to the appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan. Clinical tips for improving practice are included and each study concludes with a short list of key points and references to further reading. All those involved in the care and management of patients with foot conditions will find this book an invaluable aide-memoire and guide to their daily practice.
New to this edition
- 15 new cases added to a revised and expanded text
- New sections on ‘Lumps and Bumps’, Sports Injuries and Multiple Choice Questions
- 100 additional and improved illustrations, with better labelling
- Emphasis on evidence-based practice throughout the text
- Includes invaluable new information on 'when to refer'
- Presentation of over 60 conditions that all foot clinicians are likely to encounter
- Cases conveniently organized into sections for ease of reference
- Text profusely illustrated (in black and white) with photographs, line drawings and radiographs
- Form and structure concise that makes it easy to use for both quick reference and self-assessment
- Written by a podiatrist and orthopaedic surgeon.
By Colin Thomson, PhD, FCPod(S), Lecturer, Queen Margaret University College, Edinburgh, and Associate Clinician, The Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, UK and J. N. Alastair Gibson, MD, FRCS(orth), Consultant Trauma and Orthopedic Surgeon, The Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, and Part-time Senior Lecturer, University of Edinburgh, UK